Inet’s BMG CS:GO Female team challenge for 30,000 dollars in Intel Masters in Katowice
The Inet-sponsored Counterstrike team BMG CS:GO Female travels to Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice, Poland in order to compete for an impressive prize pool of 30,000 dollars. A historically unprecedented prize in e-sports for women.
– This is the first really big tournament for women with a prize pool approaching what the guys get. I really hope this encourages more women to play and more organizers to further raise the status of e-sport for women, says Inet’s marketing manager Johan Wahlberg.
Fame and glory is obviously the main drivers for practitioners in e-sports. For the ladies in Inet’s BMG CS:GO team, the prize pool is a very important component as well. But not just to be able to cover many of the expenses that comes with competing on the highest level.
– The symbol value is really important. Having a tournament with such a high prize pool means that more people will pay attention to e-sports with female practitioners. I really hope that more organizers and promoters will give priority to us in the future with higher prize pools and more tournaments, says Zainab ”zAAz” Turkie, spokesperson for BMG CS:GO Female.
Inet has sponsored CS:GO Female for almost a year and has helped them with everything from Taurus Esport gaming computers to travel and accommodation to the different tournaments.
– The team finally get the attention that they deserve and we’ll do what we can to encourage more people to raise the status of women’s e-sports, says Johan Wahlberg.
BMG CS:GO Ladies have recharged since ESWC where they failed to defend their first place from 2013.
– Paris was a disappointment, but it also gave us a valuable lesson. We are incredibly motivated to win in Katowice, and we’ve been training very hard. Our goal is to finish first and we’ve invested everything in order to do so, says Zainab ”zAAz” Turkie.
– Here on Inet, we’ll follow the tournament over the internet, and we will encourage all our customers to do the same. We will have regular updates on Facebook so it will be easy to follow the team’s progress. Of course we’ll keep all our fingers crossed, says Johan Wahlberg, marketing manager at Inet.
BMG CS: GO Ladies: Julia Kiran (juliano), Zainab Turkie (zAAz), Irene Sanchez (iRene), Ksenia Klyuenkova (vilga) and Sonia Garcia (Sonia)
Intel Extreme Masters is played 12-15 March in Katowice, Poland.
For further information